Here are the answers to some common questions.
If you want to know more, please feel free to get in touch.
If you have a civil wedding it must take place in a register office or approved premises. You are also limited in your choice of music and words. For example, you are not allowed to include any religious content.
By using a celebrant, you are free to create the perfect ceremony for you.
With a private celebrant you can mix it up, however you want.
I provide two levels of service plus some optional extras.
If you want to keep things simple then you can choose a standard ceremony. This includes an initial consultation, performing the ceremony and a commemorative certificate.
The full services includes:
- An initial meeting to discuss your ceremony so you can decide if you want me to do your ceremony
- A second meeting to plan the ceremony in more detail.
- Creation of a personalised ceremony
- Further discussion and reviews can take place by email, phone or meeting face to face (I may charge expenses if these meetings require significant travel)
- Arriving in advance of the ceremony to ensure everything is ready and runs smoothly
- Performing the ceremony for you
- Providing a commemorative certificate and printed copy of the ceremony.
Other services, such as pre-ceremony rehearsal, can be provided for an extra fee.
My standard fee does not include:
- Reasonable travel expenses.
I also live part of the year in Italy near the border of Umbria and Tuscany. I am available to do weddings there or elsewhere in Italy.
If you are local to ones of these areas, then we can meet up to discuss your requirements. If you are further away, then I suggest our initial chat is by phone. If you decide to use me as a celebrant, reasonable travel and accommodation costs may be charged in addition to my normal fees.
I am a member of the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants and have been trained by them.
I am covered by professional liability insurance.