Your ceremony is the centrepiece of your celebration and should be a hugely enjoyable and personal experience. I would like you to be able to create the best of memories on one of the most important days of your life – something that helps reflect your personalities and feelings for each other and create a day full of love with your family and friends.
With a celebrant, your ceremony can be completely personal. You can choose any words, readings or music that you wish. You can include any personal touches to make the day unique. Some couples are bursting with ideas and others are unsure what they can do. Don’t worry, I can help and guide you to create a bespoke and personal ceremony that is as formal or informal as you want, but most importantly, something that feels right for both of you. If you need help writing vows or choosing music or readings then I can be there with suggestions.
You are also free to have the ceremony wherever you want: in a teepee, at home, in the woods, on the beach or a location that has special associations for you both. With a purely legal ceremony you are restricted to a small number of “approved premises”.
Your ceremony can be non-religious or can include religious elements – which are not allowed in a civil ceremony. If you want to include prayers or a blessing, you are free to do that. You can also include symbolic elements such as roses, sand, hand binding or unity candles.
Here’s what I’ll do to create a ceremony that is tailored around your personalities, experiences and the people who are special to you:
- We have an initial meeting to discuss your ideas and get to know each other. I am very happy to meet for a no-obligation, free consultation so that I can answer any questions you may have and you can decide if you would like me to be your celebrant.
- After our first meeting, if you decide to use my services, we will meet again. I’d like to spend some time getting to know you and what your hopes are for your ceremony.
- A few months before the ceremony I will send you a script and unlike a civil ceremony we will work together until you are happy with the final draft. If you are using a wedding planner, then I will coordinate with them, as necessary.
- If you wish we can meet again at the venue for a rehearsal so that you feel more relaxed about the big day. Your entrance, exits, who does what and when and how to set up your photographs, as you only get one go at this.
- On the day I will arrive at least half an hour before the ceremony so that I can ensure everything runs smoothly, including coordinating with the photographer, musicians, and everyone else involved.
- After the ceremony, you will get a commemorative certificate and a printed copy of your ceremony.
Please contact me for a free initial consultation by phone. I look forward to hearing from you!