A renewal of vows ceremony offers you an opportunity to celebrate your commitment to each other with a special celebration of your original vows.
Couples may choose to renew their vows for a variety of reasons: a special anniversary, or a celebration of having come through a difficult time. You may have married abroad but now want to celebrate with family and friends in this country or maybe you have converted your civil partnership to a marriage and want to celebrate in a more personal way.
Whatever the reason, together we can create a ceremony that is tailored to you and the reasons for your celebration. I can help with suggestions for music or readings, but the whole point is for you to create something that is personal and special to you, your family and friends.
A well-designed ceremony has a clear structure; it flows smoothly and holds the attention. It will reflect your personalities, the stories that brought you together and continue to shape your relationship. It is also an opportunity to include family and friends, children and grandchildren, so that everyone has a memorable and enjoyable day.
Here’s what I’ll do to create a ceremony that is tailored around your personalities, experiences and the people who are special to you:
- We have an initial meeting to discuss your ideas and get to know each other. I am very happy to meet for a no-obligation, free consultation so that I can answer any questions you may have and you can decide if you would like me to be your celebrant.
- After our first meeting, if you decide to use my services, we will meet again. I’d like to spend some time getting to know you and what your hopes are for your ceremony.
- A few months before the ceremony I will send you a script and we will work together until you are happy with the final draft.
- If you wish we can meet again at the venue for a rehearsal so that you feel more relaxed about the big day. Your entrance, exits, who does what and when and how to set up your photographs, as you only get one go at this.
- On the day I will arrive at least half an hour before the ceremony so that I can ensure everything runs smoothly, including coordinating with the photographer, musicians, and everyone else involved.
- After the ceremony, you will get a commemorative certificate and a printed copy of your ceremony.
Please contact me for a free initial consultation by phone. I look forward to hearing from you!